Rustic Villa with 2 Bedrooms
Balcony with Barbecue
Land with 349.71 m2
Located on the north coast of the island of S. Miguel, confines with the parishes of Fajã de Cima, Calhetas and S. Vicente Ferreira. It is located in a flat area, by the sea.
The current parish church, dedicated to Our Lady of Light, dates from 1756, having been built on the ruins of a much older one. From 1725 to 1737 was this temple subject to several restoration works, hence its current trace date of the eighteenth century.
It also counts this parish with the Hermitage of St. Peter, built in a place overlooking the sea, dating from the sixteenth century and with the Church of Bom Jesus dos Aflitos, built in the eighteenth century.
The origin of the toponym is justified by Gaspar Frutuoso: "It is so called the great abundance of hay that create their fields in the time of colonization; and to distinguish her from the other fenais belonging to the municipality of Ribeira Grande, she took more the name of invoking her parish church Our Lady of Light".